Consider donating to the BGF Capital Fund
Updated Wednesday January 25, 2017 by Admin.
The season fees are vital to Bluegrass Girls Fastpitch, we could not function as a league without them.
What do your spring registration fees cover?
- Uniforms: the girls receive a jersey with their name and number on it, pants, and socks
- Umpires fees
- Upkeep to the park, which we as a league are responsible for, including:
- and providing grit for rain issues
- repairing fences
- Game balls
- Practice balls
- MVP pins
- Score books for coaches
- Coaching aids and coaching clinics for volunteer coaches
- Catchers gear
- Tees for practices
- Pitching machines
- Hitting nets
- Bases, and tools
- Previously each parent was required to volunteer a certain amount of time in the concession stand, that is no longer required with the current fee structure
- Field improvements
- tarps to help prevent rain outs
- a new storage shed
- NEW SCOREBOARDS
- Future: We are hoping to get
- new pitching lanes
- new nets for the batting cages
- and many other projects
- The fee also covers mandatory fund raising fees, which are $75 of the total fee.
- We collect that fee with the registration and then you are provided raffle tickets, if you choose to sell them you keep the money from them to recoup your $75
- It is difficult it is to keep track of 200+ families raffle monies. Collecting with registration eases the burden on the board, the coaches, and the team parent and allows the parents to choose whether or not they will sell the tickets
We want to do so much more, please consider donating to the capital fund to help us acheive these goals.
Practices start on August 15th
8 Game season -- played between September 3rd and October 19th